Attainments in UK Amateur Microwaves can result in a range of attractive trophies and awards . . .
Replacing the former RSGB Distance awards, the following scheme is jointly run by UKuG/SOTA:-
SOTA/UKuG Joint Microwave Award Rules
- The award will be based on contacts on any microwave band between 23cm and 24GHz
- The Award will be based on distance. It will start at a basic level of 50km. Endorsements
will be available in 50km steps.
- Endorsements may be claimed for activity on each band.
- An Activator may claim this award based on ACTIVATING the hill. Normal QUALIFYING
criteria will apply for claiming this hill for other SOTA awards.
- For the purposes of this award the Activator may activate the hill as frequently as wished
over a year but may only claim it once per calendar day.
- Chaser rules will apply as normal for the usual SOTA awards but Chasers may also claim
for the microwave distance award. One station MUST be on a SOTA summit.
- There will be a special category of the Summit to Summit Award, where both ends are
on qualifying SOTA summits, but will be based on the distance between them, not just
the fact they were on SOTA summits (such contacts can also be included in the regular
- The award will be jointly awarded by SOTA and UK Microwave Group. It will be administered
by SOTA with oversight from UKuG.
The SOTA Awards manager is Barry Horning GM4TOE, 5 Main Street, Tomintoul, Ballindalloch, AB37 9EX.
The awards web site is at: http://www.sota-shop.co.uk/
The UKUG Awards Manager is John Quarmby G3XDY,
12 Chestnut Close, Rushmere St Andrew, Ipswich, IP5 1ED, UK
Click here if you do not see the main microwavers.org menu bar on the left