The UK Microwave Group Spring Round Table is to be held at the University of Bath on
Sunday 20th April by kind invitation of the Department of Electrical Engineering.
This is a change of venue from RAL and provides us an opportunity to develop a relationship
with a University at the forefront of microwave communications. Indeed we hope to cement
this relationship by sponsoring a student project to build a microwave beacon to
operate from the University which is also host to the GB3UB 433MHz repeater.
There will be emphasis on the higher bands but don't worry if you are not
ready for those yet as there will be plenty of folks to talk to and material
of interest to those on the lower bands too.
We feel this theme is appropriate
as 24GHz is to be included along with 5.7 and 10GHz in this years cumulative contests.
More home stations are becoming equipped for this band and an
increasing variety of surplus equipment is becoming available.
There will be an Antenna test session at G4NNS 14:00 to 17:00 19th April 2008 for 2.3 to 24GHz.
Some test facilities will also be available in the G4NNS shack.
Remember that roundtable admission and the dinner is only by prior registration
- A36 Road Closure: If you are travelling from the South or Southeast, the A36 is closed for major repairs and diversions are in place.
- Start Time: Doors open 10:00. Please DO NOT attempt to gain entry before that time - give the organisers time to prepare.
- On Arrival: Please be sure to register (again) and get your badge at Building 2E,
as we are required to do
this by university security and to ensure parking is free.
- Inside: The event is being held in Building 2E. The main event will be held
in the Lecture Theatre 2E 3.1. Nearby, some tables for microwave equipment exchange
will be available and the test area will be set up. Anyone requiring a table should
contact G4NNS to check availability and access.
- Catering: Hot drinks will be available on site and, as it is term time, on-site catering
arrangements will be available. For lunch, there will be basic cafe and separate carvery facilities.
Please register your intention to use the lunchtime carvery so we can advise them of the
approximate numbers to cater for.
- Equipment Access: Anyone with equipment to drop off should refer to the site access map and follow
the service road. There is a lift from this level to the Lecture theatre lobby area
(building 2E). After off-loading please return vehicles to the East Car Park.
Parking on Sunday is free.